The Old Rainier Brewery Building
Seattle Attractions--Architecture Outside of Downtown
3100 Airport Way South (south of downtown)
One of Seattle’s historic buildings is the old Rainier Brewery. This building located on the site where the Rainier Beer was brewed from 1893 until 1999. The original brewery on the site was built in 1883. The name of the beer was changed to Rainier Beer in 1893. A large neon “R” sign was put on top of the building.
The Rainier Brewery was closed in 1999. A portion of the building was leased by the Tully’s Coffee Corporation to be its corporate headquarters. One change at the building was that the “R” on top was replaced by a large capital “T”.
The building is now leased to several tenants including Tully’s.
The structure is made up of several buildings that are painted different colors. This is literally one of Seattle’s most colorful buildings.
Please click here to return to Architecture Outside of Downtown
Please click here to go to our Seattle Alphabetical Index.